With the rising growth in the percentage of internet consumption amongst the millennials, there is still room in the OTT (Over the Top) segment and SunNXT is the latest one in the market after Hotstar and Amazon Prime.
We could guess it from the curiosity driving ads that they telecasted every now and then. Perks of having an array of TV channels which collectively commands a great TRP all through these years, they went all out with their ads.
It’s a great time to enter this space as everyone is aware of how it works right now – thanks to their competitors who started their race early. So time and money are not needed from Sun Network to make people understand the product.
So what does it have?
All the channels in the network streamed live – check
All the movies whose TV rights they have purchased – check
All the video songs that you watch on their channels – check
All the comedy clips they play endlessly on their channels – check
All the soaps your grandparents like – check
(All the above) in all the South Indian Languages – check
What I loved?
- The categorization is one of the best that I liked here. It’s like they know what you are there for. They have got the best titles categorised according to their genres.
- One of the best things I liked is the 90’s Movies part. It has got all the movies that you sit down and watch on TV because you don’t get to have them on your hard disk and truth be told, we all grew up watching these movies over and over again.
- So to put them all together under an umbrella, I am sure it will get more traffic than the recent blockbusters. There are many TV channels now that can buy the satellite rights of the current crop of movies but in the 90s, almost all the movies went straight to the SUN group and we sat down as a family and watched movies on Saturday and Sunday.
- As I scrolled down and down, I could find many classics that my dad would enjoy – starring the greats MGR, Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini, Muthuraman and more. I am sure they will be adding a lot more titles very soon.
- The comedy section has clips in abundance categorised alphabetically for you to choose your favourites. A lot of work has gone into making the user experience, a breeze.
- The iOS app is amazingly fast and is available to use in all the South Indian Languages. So it’s a win there too. Available on Android too.
Value for Money: A free trial for 30 days and subscription starts from as low as INR 50 a month post the free trial.
So go ahead and take it for a drive – SunNXT here.
If you are a 90’s kid and you love reading, check this collection.